Monday, December 25, 2017

Uptown Damansara Hokkien Mee (Kuchai Lama)

My father is a big fan of Hokkien Mee (the KL style) so he wanted to eat this before leaving KL tonight, here we are at this place, which I haven't tried before too. Here is the verdict.

Hokkien Mee (RM 9.90) 

This is so far the star item here as the kuah or the gravy is very thick and black and there are a lot of vegetables, small prawns and cabbage. I shall refrain from eating much of this as it is cooked using pork lard oil.

Canton Fried Ying Yong (RM 9.90) 

The ying yong fried bihun was just too hard that we had a hard time cracking open. The hor fun was too dark coloured too so I wondered how much kicap they used. The gravy was also too thick thus not good.


Hokkien Yee Mee (RM 9.90) 

This is the only other noodles I eat but it is tasty. I think yee mee never fails me.




Fried La La (RM 20)

This is the other most expensive item here, again cooked with dark sauce till it makes me feel guilty for eating it.


Roasted Duck (RM 18 for normal) 

We all loved the roasted duck which is tender and juicy. We even had the luck for drumstick though we had to pay RM 20 for it but it was worth it.


Details:
Add: Restoran Mi Hokkien Damansara S/B, 39, Kuchai Maju 1, Kuchai Lama, 58200 KL
Tel: 03 79716121


No comments:

Post a Comment