Sunday, December 3, 2017

The Ming Room

There are many people raving about how good dim sum is in The Ming Room at Bangsar Shopping Centre (BSC). I did try to bring my parents here once but there was too long queue that time and we ended up going to Ben's. This time I called in the morning itself to reserve a table but when we arrived early, there was still no table available so we went to Jason's to buy a few danish as we were starving.

I feel that the best item is the siew yoke with crackling skin. The skin is superb and crispy whereas the meat just melts in the mouth.




Jellyfish is one more thing I always like to order but theirs lack the seasoning that I always like.


The deep fried cod fish is unique and tasty, cut into small pieces served with kerabu.


The double-boiled soup served in tea pot was just amazing as it was so full of flavour, refreshing and not oily at all.



I also like the sauce with greenish and sambal style.


The dim sum is not that tasty to me so I wonder why so many people come here as the dim sum skin was too hard and rubbery. There is also nothing special about the dim sum variety here.




The pan fried gyoza is just normal and not that great too.



The chee cheong fan has too thick skin. To me, chee cheong fan is very important for a dim sum restaurant.



Overall, this place is over-rated and the dim sum is seriously not worth eating for the high prices charged. The total bill came up to RM 159.75

Details:
Address: 3rd Floor, Bangsar Shopping Centre, KL
Tel: 03-2284 8822

No comments:

Post a Comment