Saturday, January 9, 2016

Sugar Rush

After a hurried lunch and a manicure in BU (finally I got the manicure thing checked), I happened to spot Sugar Rush on the way to office. Sugar Rush happened to be on my check list ever since my classmate, Vivian Chang said Prasana told her it was great. So I could not resist trying it today when we passed by at 5 pm. I was like, urm I did not have make up on or wore any beautiful clothes so was contemplating going in but then I could always enter and have a look. WHATEVER...would not hurt to peep?

From the outside, it looks like a really expensive restaurant. But when you enter, you feel like it is something like those conventional lifestyle coffee cafes outside.

The array of cakes that greeted us on long black table, was temptation enough for me that naturally, I forgot about not being that dressed for the cafe. The design is minimalist, black to reflect coolness of the place. Most coffee places are painted black such as Garage 51, Artisan Coffee, and many more. The place is cosy and there are two-seaters at the side and also choice of wall lounges. There is also a private room for parties and also a long table with little pillows having the words "RESERVED" so that people with less than the required number would not sit there.







I think the owner is a rich man who can afford to have such a big space for only displaying the cakes instead of the normal coffee shops displaying cakes in a very small freezer which also sells for the same price of RM 15-16 per slice. Later, when we were going home and a Malay old man opened the door for us, we realized that he is the owner. 




There are a myriad of flavours like chocolate mint, carrot walnut and weird ones like salted buttercream, berry pudding etc. I kept searching for the rose cake or dessert that I saw Prasana post in Facebook/Instagram but couldn't find it and finally, after seeing a rose designed Chocolate Ganache Cake, I concluded that perhaps the photo result was due to the angle of her camera. I settled for :

Chocolate Ganache with Salted Buttercream (RM 15.80) 

The design of the cake is very artistic and a work of art which credit is given to the chef. The rich sinful chocolate is amazing for the soul and makes one forget everything in life. The best part is the salted buttercream in the middle. The slightly salty buttercream is a perfect accompaniment that slightly balances the richness of the chocolate. The good thing about cakes is the less cream in the cakes.




Red Herring (RM 14) 

Red Herring is kind of a weird name for rose latte. It was not served with rose petals too so it makes me doubt whether I had the right order. However, the rose taste or shall I say, rose flavor saved the day.




Peanut Butter Milkshake (RM 14) 

This is superb, and as rich as the chocolate cake. It leaves you feeling like you were sucking in real peanut butter! SERIOUSLY! Perhaps Paddington Bear will end up fighting for it too!




Details:

28, Jalan Dato Abu Bakar 16/1 Section 16, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Malaysia


No comments:

Post a Comment