Saturday, January 23, 2016

Esquire Kitchen

Initially we wanted to go to Dragon-i as my friend's mother like the Xiao Long Bao there but there was a long queue.

As usual, Esquire Kitchen has a big crowd. We had to sit right near the kitchen where my mum did not like much but that was the only table available which has a nice red semi circle lounge seating.

All the food portions are small for the Regular orders.

Kong Bao Chicken (RM 25) 

The chicken is served in small pieces. The sauce is ok and just normal.



Stir-fried French Beans (RM 18) 

This is slightly salty with minced meat. Ok, and normal.


Stir-Fried Kacang Botol (RM 18)

To me, this reminds me of eating the dish at the economic rice stall, so I seriously would not have ordered this if I were my friend but what can I do since I was the guest.


Sambal Prawns (RM 32) 

This is my favourite dish of the day. The sambal is not super spicy like what we are used to or the one cooked by Nyonya community in Penang and Melaka. I like the fact that a lot of crispy onions are cooked together with the thick sauce.


Spare Ribs (RM 33) 

The spare ribs has the typical sweet dark sauce infused inside and the result is quite ok. I like the bony parts but it lacks the normal tenderness of this dish. My friend kept lamenting that the dish has become worse.



 Shanghai Steamed Dumplings (RM 9.30 for 6 pieces) 

This is incomparable with the Xiao Long Bao from Dragon-i but I guess this is because Esquire Kitchen is not famous for this Dim Sum and more famous for da chao and stir-fried noodles and rice. There was no juice popping out of the dumplings.



Details:
Address: G1-42A, Sunway Pyramid,. 3, Jalan PJS 11/15,. Bandar Sunway,. 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. 

Tel: 03-5636 0878

No comments:

Post a Comment