Sunday, August 6, 2017

Backofen

I was craving for alcoholic ice-cream so we planned our Sunday dinner in Desa Sri Hartamas. I found out about this splendid place called Backofen which serves food at such cheap price. Can you imagine cappuccino at RM 5.90 and soup at RM 5-6? Well, the soup are all of high quality with a lot of ingredients inside, definitely not the Pizza Hut ciplak type of diluted mushroom soup!

Goulash Soup (RM 6) 

The Goulash soup is so thick with such big chunks of beef inside and crinkled cut potatoes, carrots and celeries. It is even better than the goulash I had in Hungary or Publika which is too salty.


 Grilled Lamb (RM 18) 

Can you believe it we can get 3 slabs of lamb at RM 18? Amazing right! And tasty baked potatoes to
with!





Chicken Schnitzel (RM 14) 

I was a little apprehensive about ordering this initially because schnitzels are known to be really harsh and hard. But I ordered it anyway when I thought about it being the famous Austrian food. Thank god it turned out my order was right and the schnitzel was the best I have ever eaten in my life as the meat was tender.



Italian Delight Cake (RM 5.90) 

There are many tempting pastries here that even those who rarely spend for desserts will order due to incredibly low prices. Imagine scones and cream puff at RM 1.50 only! Even the cakes at Bread History or any bakery cost about RM 8 nowadays! The cake is also not sweet at all and very beautifully made, just that it lacks the strong flavours I look for in cakes.



The Soda Twists - Red Raspberry and Passionfruit flavoured - costs a whopping RM 4! So head here for any of your meals even breakfast as their pancakes costs only RM 6 and Big Breakfast costs RM 18!

It is definitely the place to be if you have a big family and a lot of children due to the cheap price and coupled with the superb taste!

Details:

Backofen, No. 34, Jalan 24/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas 50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2300 6676






No comments:

Post a Comment