Sunday, May 22, 2016

Charlie's

After discovering this enclave of food heaven in Taman Bukit Desa, I have come back to try the rest of the cafes here. For today, I wanted to try the udon but it seemed that there a Gawai celebration at Charlie's. There was a canopy with stage set up for their festivalities such as traditional games.




Due to the set up, it makes me think that the food must be tasty and genuinely Sarawakian so I decided to change lunch venue. There is very limited food choices here having serve only Sarawak Laksa, Nasi Lemak, Tom Yam Soup Noodles and some scones and cakes.

Sarawak Laksa (RM 13.90) 

How can people eat Sarawak food without having the popular Sarawak Laksa? So I ordered it but it came with fishballs and no long beans like what I ate in Kuching or the one I had in Sarawak House in One City.


Nasi Lemak Serai Wangi (with Ayam Goreng Berempah) (RM 9.90) 

The rice has too much santan. The cracker is too big. The chicken is the one edible. For goodness sake, I wonder how does nasi lemak makes this Sarawakian? Thank god we didn't order the chicken chop which was just a slab of deep fried chicken with french fries, not very good for the calories!



Sarawak Coffee (RM 2.50) 

The coffee is thick enough and kind of sweet. They don't even have the 3 Layer Coffee that Kuching is famous for! My companion said that the iced milo (RM 3.80) is not tasty too.

Details:
Add: 29, Jalan Bukit Desa 5, Taman Bukit Desa
Tel: 0128160003

No comments:

Post a Comment