Friday, December 22, 2017

The Vintry @ Damansara





When we reached this place, I was aghast looking at the crowded and smokey place. I always thought wine places are very quiet and non-smokey unlike the pubs and bars. This place strikes me as more of a bar than a vinery. After looking at the wine prices, I realised why many people come here as there is a wide range of prices from as low as less than RM 100 to RM 1,000 and wine of so many varieties and origins like Italy, Spain, France,California etc. There is also a chiller to choose your wine.

Our first choice was Trimbach Pinot Noir which is very light and fruity and I immediately fell in love with this one. It is good if one wants to get drunk in a longer time and enable us to drink more. The unique thing is that they only have 1 unit of the same wine so we could not repeat the same order.




Fried Hokkien Mee 

Food wise, if you come late, you better order before kitchen closes at 10.45 pm.

It was also my first time eating this in a fine restaurant. I never think it is worth the money to pay more than RM 20 for a plate of Hokkien Mee in restaurant. The difference is they use a lot of pork lard here which makes it very fragrant. There are two big prawns and some vegetables which made it taste better than the one in the kopitiam. I seriously cannot believe what I just mentioned!




Caramelised Pork 

Initially I thought this is just BBQ siew yoke but I was wrong. This is another thing I never order in a restaurant as to me, it is for eating at the kopitiam only, but it was different once again, that we are eating it like this instead of with white rice like how people normally eat this.




Salted Egg Yolk Squid 

Since the other two items are meaty for me, I looked for a seafood item and had to order this though I didn't like egg yolk cooked with food that much. It actually turned out to be quite delicious, crispy and the egg yolk was not overpowering the squid.



After we finished the first wine, we ordered Brouilly 2016 burgundy wine with cherry and strawberry fruits and a hint of blackberry inside. It was much thicker than the first one.





Details: 
Add: Address130, Jalan Kasah, Medan Damansara, 50490 Wilayah Persekutuan, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Phone: 03 20948262 
Opening Hours: 3pm - 1am 

No comments:

Post a Comment