Friday, February 26, 2016

Restaurant Longhouse

In the heart of the residential area in Taman Tasik Prima 6/2, there is one coffee shop which fascinates me. It is located at the corner lot and is the only coffee shop in this area. The ceilings are high enough so that it is cooling. The kopitiam is opened since Oct 2014 and looks relatively new and clean. The most unique feature is that all the hawkers are locals, something of specialty here because nowadays, it is very difficult to find local hawkers mending their stalls here. The even better thing is that there is a wide array of food from several states in Malaysia such as Malacca, Sabah, Perak and Sarawak and our very own Selangor.

Nasi Lemak 

There are 6 sets of items sold here from a plain one at a whopping RM 3 (seriously?) The sambal octopus set is ONLY RM 6.50 which is pretty cheap for such a big octopus. Every set comes  with something like acar or better known as Malay styled sourish salad. The price is well worth it as it includes rice, fried egg, acar, peanuts, red sambal, and a choice or either pork meat curry, octopus, or curry chicken. The curry is cooked using Malaccan Nyonya style so it suits my palate as I come from Penang so I like anything Nyonya. The best part is that I did not spot any oil on the curries! Yippie! 






Chew Chew Chow Tofu 

At first this tofu did not interest me that much as stinky tofu is not top of my favourites. But this is the first time I see a kopitiam selling this besides the OUG and Taman Connaught night market. The tofu is soft on the inside but crispy on the outside. When I exited the kopitiam, I noticed the experienced Lady Boss preparing the tofu at a stall outside. She is so young, excited and pretty. She gets very excited when explaining about tofu or any food. She imported a special machine to deep fry the tofu to prevent the skin from getting overburnt. 

There are two flavours : Original and also Cheese flavours. I think one should try the cheese flavour if you are looking for something abnormal like me. 

It costs RM 4 for 4 pieces of original stinky tofu and RM 5 for 4 pieces of cheese tofu. 



Original and Cheese Stinky Tofu 

Pyramid Chicken Rice (RM 5.50) 

This dish is special from Sabah. This chicken rice looks really special with the pyramid shape and also the chilli. The price is also quite cheap at RM 5.50 only! The rice is also fragrant. 




Bak Kut Teh 

The Bak Kut Teh is just nice in terms of size and portion. It costs RM 12 for the dry style and RM 11 for the wet soup. To add rice costs RM 1. Actually I just had Bak Kut Teh yesterday but then whatever! 



I liked the Dry Bak Kut Teh the best as it reminded me of the one I had in Tanjung Sepat. Luckily this one is not that salty. I like the novelty of cooking it with small chopped ladies fingers.

Dry Bak Kut Teh 

Sarawak Kolo Mee (Small: RM 6, Big: RM 6.50) 

Frankly speaking, kolo mee is not my favourite as I do not like noodles to be plain without much ingredients except minced pork so this stall whereby the chef is from Sarawak changed my perception. I also like the fact that they do not use kicap but some kind of tomato sauce inside with roasted pork slices (siew yoke), chai sim vegetables and deep fried shallots. This one has more taste instead of the blandness of the original kolo mee in Sarawak. 



Sarawak Laksa (Small: RM 6, Big: RM 6.50) 

This is almost like the original one but would have tasted better with more paste inside as my tongue is used to thick soup. I like my food with strong taste. Overall, it is ok and I rate it average as they made up with a lot of ingredients such as shredded omelette and chicken, 3 fishballs, 3 big prawns, and bean sprouts. At least it's way better than the one in Ming Tien coffee shop in Sunway Mentari area where I cannot even finish the bowl of mee.



Fried Hokkien Koay Teow (RM 6.50) 

Compared to the normal cooking method of boiling the noodles, the cook actually boiled it with pork broth resulting in thick sauce.


Steamed Bean Paste Fish (B: RM 32, M: RM 30, S: RM 28) 

This is my top favourite here. The steamed Soong fish is just amazing with the soft succulent flesh. The best part is that the sauces are rid of the saltiness of these types of sauces. The fish is so tender and soft with silky skin. The spicy / nyonya sauce is not spicy enough but still tasty enough. 



Steamed Sour and Hot Fish (B: RM 32, M: RM 30, S: RM 28) 

The soup is not as sour as the one you have in the Thai restaurant. The fishes must have been so fresh to be able to be steamed. I like the silky skin a lot with lots of chopped garlic and parsley sprinkled on top. 



Details:
Address: Jalan Tasik Prima 6/2 Puchong (In MyBiz Shophouse)



No comments:

Post a Comment