Monday, September 4, 2017

Maze Gin Parlour & Coffee Saloon


For so many years since secondary school, we have never celebrated each other's birthday till recently when I discovered Hana Sake & Dining ala-carte and asked Samantha Lau whether she wanted to go. She told me to wait till the following week as she was busy the last week. Then she realized that she cannot eat sashimi as she is still on a post-chicken pox diet. She suggested we go to Maze instead for high-tea which coincidentally has the price of RM 78 for 2 pax. It was also my first time having hi-tea and also, after googling and seeing that Maze is such an Instagram-friendly place, without hesitating, I said, "Let's go!"



The place is situated in Tropicana Selatan are inside Menara Lien Hoe and thankfully not a traffic jam area and the parking was free too. It is the same establishment with Lavo Wine Restaurant and also Chaze Club. Entering Chaze will transport you to another old British era.

It has British style interior and all the sofa are of different design. A mere look of it makes me excited! It also has the splendour of the old British and the vintage style that goes together.

It was so popular on a public holiday that thank god Samantha made a booking otherwise we would not have a table.






They serve you TWG Tea of any type or Long Black/Latte (normal) in the menu. I chose the Grand Wedding Tea and Jonathan took Red Summer's. Luckily adding water doesn't come with charges. I expected the tea to be served in a teapot but not.




Our set consists of 10 items.






Voila, this is the splendour of The Maze Hi-Tea served in a flower dome with fairy lights that completes the entire fantasy of the ambience and interior.


Some weird items that doesn't make it so British are croissant with Butter croissant with salted egg yolk dip but thank god the egg yolk is not too thick otherwise it wouldn't be nice.

The Peanut Butter Danish, to me was a tad too normal and even the danish at any bakery is better.


I feel that hi-tea sets are a bit overpriced and the quantity of pastries (one each) for small portions doesn't do justice as it is not possible to bite half and give to your friend unless he is your other half.

Eg: My favourite Summer Cream Cheese Tart which was tasty but so small I could not share with anyone else.

Another star item is the Grilled Button Mushrooms stuffed with prawn and cheese. At first I was almost fooled into thinking it was some cheese tart before biting.

Trio Mushroom Truffle Soup would have been better if we drank it hot. The taste was not bad but we were caught taking so many photos it got cold.




Fussilli Aglio Olio was mentioned to have smoked salmon but I did not taste a flake of salmon at all.



Smoked Duck Canape was easily another favourite of mine which at least I did not need to share with Jonathan! It was smoked duck breast with Shimeji mushrooms and teriyaki sauce. The sauce was just enough to cover the duck well.

Macarons was a tad too soft and most of it broke in my fingers before going into my mouth. We had the green tea and chocolate flavoured ones.

The Mixed Fruit Tart was made in shape of heart and so small I popped it into my mouth before I had the time to feel the real taste.





Four Seasons Chocolate Slice was another personal favourite of mine as the decadent cake had layers of chocolate sponge, chocolate mousse, cookies and cream and chocolate ganache. I was grateful we could share this one with the loved one.


The Birthday Girl Samantha:








More Camwhoring:








Beautiful British Contemporary Bar with Modern Art:







Details:

1st Floor, Menara Lien Hoe,
No 8 Persiaran Tropicana,
47410 Petaling Jaya
Contact: +60103222888

Website: www.mazemy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment